IV Ketamine and NAD for addiction: treating the root cause
Addictions make us feel like we are “stuck” in loops of temporary pleasures while knowing there is longer term harm. Addiction can be triggered internally and/or externally, such as by:
- Genetic susceptibility to addiction and obsessions
- Co-existing depression and/or anxietyPast traumas
- Medical conditions that cause or exacerbate addiction or obsessions (eg substance use disorder)
- Environmental triggers (death, separation, personal or financial hardship, etc.) can cause or worsen addiction or obsessions
- Medications can influence addiction susceptibility, such as opioid or benzodiazepine (eg Xanax) use
Some patients may not be able to control their addictions with medications and psychotherapy, but these treatments run the risk of serious side effects and relapse, which occur in over 50%. IV Ketamine infusions and NAD offer a breakthrough treatment for treatment resistant addiction and its debilitating health consequences.
IV Ketamine and NAD infusions offer rapid relief from addiction and obsessions
Cognitive rigidity underlies many psychological and physical conditions, including compulsivity (OCD), PTSD, and eating disorders. We feel “stuck” in ruts because of neurochemical changes that can make changing habits and routines incredibly difficult. Ketamine and NAD can help restructure rigid cognitive loops through neuroplasticity - literally helping re-wire rigid thought patterns.
Ketamine modifies glutamate levels, enhancing neurogenesis
Glutamate is a powerful neurotransmitter involved in synaptogenesis, or the formation of new neural connections. Forming new neural connections is critical to treating addiction and obsessions because of the engrained habits that our neural circuits fall victim to. Ketamine modulates glutamate levels and NMDA receptor activity to fundamentally alter our response to triggering stimuli.
While addiction has many causes, there are underlying biochemical and psychological disturbances that limit your ability to act on our addictions, even when we fully recognize their destructive effects.
The powerful anti-depressant effects of ketamine (as a powerful NMDA and glutamate receptor antagonist) can particularly enhance addiction treatment in patients suffering from both depression and addiction. This can re-shift the biochemical balance in your brain to help restore your inner healing potential. Traditional addiction treatments simply don't have this same effect.
Safety of Ketamine and NAD therapy
Unlike traditional anti-anxiety medications, in particular benzodiazepines like Xanax, our infusion treatments are very safe.
By reducing the need for traditional medications, many risks can be reduced, including further addiction and possibly cognitive decline.
Treating Addiction with IV Ketamine Therapy & NAD: What to Expect
Dr. Kaveh’s holistic approach to treating the root causes of addiction includes the following 3 steps:
- Preparation: Consultation with Dr. Kaveh to prime your mind to find the greatest healing from your Ketamine and NAD experience.
- IV Ketamine Infusions: Experience rapid healing in our peaceful and comfortable clinic under the direct guidance of expert Clarus physicians: Dr. Kaveh and Dr. Shrestha.
- Integration: Apply the insights gained from the Ketamine experience to your daily life. Without this invaluable step, the positive experiences may “fade away” without integrating into your psyche for sustained healing.
Contact Clarus with any questions about how IV Ketamine therapy can help treat the root causes of your addiction.